Friday, March 22, 2013

Freebie Friday - March 22

Did you know that you can get a coupon for $5 off Chapman's Ice Cream products once a year, just by asking for it?  I read that somewhere and decided to try it.  Sure enough, a coupon has arrived, and now I just have to decide what treat I want to spend it on.

The other thing I got this week was an envelope full of skin care products from Mario Badescu.  You may have never heard of this company before. I certainly haven't, but after doing their free skin care analysis, they list the products that would work best for your skin type, and then offer you a sample.  I did this on the 2nd of March, and the envelope arrive just 2 weeks later with not one, but 8 samples inside.  EIGHT!

The products came along with a catalogue, of course, so I can see that there are many more products available.  It also came with a list of my samples, and when and how to use them. That is really helpful when  you are suddenly faced with a lot of new things and not sure what order they should be used in.

The first, both morning and night, is the Orange Cleansing Soap.  It has a delightfully delicate orange scent, and though it doesn't foam on your face, it does leave you feeling soft and clean.  Next is an Aloe Lotion, which you apply with a cotton ball, to remove any residual dirt. I didn't find any, but it's good to know.  I wish this product had a bit of colour to it though as I found it hard to know how much I had on the cotton ball and probably used too much.  You follow this with the Glycolic Eye Cream and the Moisture Magnet (SPF 15) during the day or the Bee Pollen Night Cream at bedtime.

Other products that I found in the envelope were a Kiwi Face Scrub, to be used 2 or 3 times a week, and a Strawberry Tonic Mask which seems to be clay based, and is also to be used 2 or 3 times a week.  Finally, there is a product called Drying Cream, to use on trouble spots such as the tiny clusters of bumps that appear under the skin.  As I have rosacea I definitely have problems like that and really hope it helps.

While my skin does not normally like it when I change products, it has not complained at all this week. I especially like the Bee Pollen Night Cream and will likely be ordering some of that in the near future.  It makes my skin feel wonderful, even when I wake up in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment