Monday, March 11, 2024

Art and Found Day

Have you ever found a rock with something painted on it? You know, the ones you are allowed to pick up and take home.  They could be anywhere and you just accidentally come across them. 

Years ago, a local lady who made glass beads, decided to leave little necklaces around town for others to find. I found two but, to be fair, I decided to relocate one in another town.


Now I have discovered we are about to celebrate Art and Found Day on March 12.  Artists all over the world will leave something they created somewhere for someone else to find and take home. I want to take part and have encouraged some of my friends to get in on the fun too. I have been working on a painting of a friend's horse that I will place where, hopefully, it will be found soon. With any luck, the finder will share it on social media. I may drop more than one.  They may be just bookmarks. We'll see....

If this is of interest to you, go to www.artandfoundday.com to learn more.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool, Karen! I wish I was in your area to find that gorgeous painting of the horse. I LOVE horses and if I had the money I would own several. ❤️🐎

    ReplyDelete
  2. The horse painting is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was found by a little girl who loves horses. She's extremely happy now.

      Delete