Saturday, March 30, 2024

Shrinkflation!

 Happy Easter.  

Have you noticed the Cadbury Easter Cream Eggs are almost 13 percent smaller than usual?  They might even cost more this year, due to a worldwide cocoa shortage.  I'm okay. I got a few tiny free ones at a local social gathering this week. That will do for me.


I went grocery shopping this week and found a lot of bare shelves in the salad dressing section. I was looking for coleslaw dressing but that wasn't the only one missing.  Kraft shelves had more empty spaces than product, at more than one store. I was starting to wonder if they were going to stop selling in Canada. At the third shop we finally found what I was looking for and immediately understood the problem. Kraft has redesigned their bottles. There is now 50 millimeters less product in them than before. Shrinkflation strikes again!  

I guess the stores want to get rid of all their old stock before putting out these new bottles. People might not notice they are smaller if they don't see them side by side. Ya. Right. 

Now, if I could only shrink by as much....


No comments:

Post a Comment