Friday, February 1, 2013

Freebie Friday - Feb 1

I had no idea I'd actually get to do this every week, but that's the way it's working out so far this year. Mind you, I thought perhaps this week there would be no freebies to show you, but a couple did show up in the end.
One is a good sized sample of Purex. I don't know if I've ever used that brand of laundry detergent before, so a sample is a very good thing to send me, as I'd likely never by a full bottle without trying it first. This particular sample has a scent called After the Rain.  I guess that means it's a fresh clean smell.  The packaging says it will leave your clothes "bright white clean."  I think I'll use it on the next load of karate gis, as they are what I'd want the whitest. It also says that Purex is Canada's #2 Laundry Detergent.  I imagine Tide is number one.  I'm surprised this is listed as number two, but perhaps after I use it, I'll have a better understanding of why.

The other item is The Gardener's Idea Book from Proven Winners. Copies of this publication are still available if you sign up to get updates from their website. There are lots of pictures and I especially liked seeing various planters full of interesting varieties.  I'll probably try to copy some of those combinations this year.  There is also a planter in this booklet that I absolutely love.  I'll be on the lookout for that all season, I'm sure.  If all else fails, I guess I can order it from the supplier, which is listed, but unfortunately American, so the shipping will probably bring me to my senses.

This week's freebies have me dreaming of spring.  After The Rain scent on laundry, and pictures of the best flower ideas for the coming year have me hoping the Ground Hog can predict an early spring on his special day tomorrow.   

No comments:

Post a Comment