Friday, February 8, 2013

Freebie Friday - Feb 8

This week, among other things, I received two samples, along with coupons for $2 off each product.  There is a major difference in the size of the samples, but I was previously given a full size bottle of the smaller one, so I'm certainly not complaining.
Garnier Intensive 7 Days Body Lotion is my new favorite.  It is non-greasy, absorbs well, and the Shea Butter variety that I chose has a scent I really like.  The original deal got me a free product coupon for a full sized bottle, but when I was offered another sample, I was happy to see they let me have it, and I assure you that I will be using that $2 off coupon to buy more.

Meanwhile I got another laundry detergent to try this week.  This time it's one called Method. I've never heard of it before, but it comes in a handy pump style container.  The sample they sent me is enough to do 8 loads.  That will give me plenty of time to assess how well it does laundry in our hard water.  I really like the idea of a pump dispenser.  No measuring, or pouring, just a couple of pumps and we're all set to wash the clothes.  The container is constructed in such a way that you can see the hose from the pump through the bottom, so apparently you can get every drop of the detergent by just tipping the container so that the hose is in the wee remaining bit.  No waste.  This sample lists the scent as Fresh Air and the package says it's "made by and for people against dirt."
Besides samples this week, I also got a cheque for $20 from Legerweb.  I've done surveys for them for several years now and made about $100 from Legerweb alone in the past year.  You can sign up on your own, but if you happen to know me, it would be great if you asked for a referral.  I'd get an extra dollar the first time you took a survey.

Finally, I also received a $5 gift card for Tim Horton's that I won from taking part in a contest on the Canadian Free Stuff website.  I'll be taking my man out for a treat this weekend, with that.

All in all, I think that was a pretty good week.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Method! I'm trying to remember if I've used their laundry soap or the fabric softener. We use their handsoaps whenever I can find them on sale and I love their multi-purpose cleaner. I've had the Lavender one. Smells soooo good!

    ReplyDelete