Monday, June 24, 2013

Lepage Ultra Gel - Test One

I keep asking people if they have anything that's broken, and nobody seems to....at least not at the moment.  Those who did said they have used Krazy Glue to fix their things in the past.  In some cases that worked, and in other cases it didn't.  I am testing a gel product from Lepage, that might be just what some of those folks need.  Lepage Ultra Gel Control.is a specially formulated rubber toughened instant adhesive that resists impact, shock, vibration and temperature extremes. It is outdoor safe and resistant to moisture and freezing temperatures.
It's good for bonding leather, cork, cardboard, wood, fabric, metal, ceramic, rubber & hard plastics.  Some of these things are usually difficult to stick together because of their uneven texture, or the fact that they may be porous, and would absorb other glues before they have a chance to work.  The gel stays nicely on the surface. You can even apply it to a vertical surface and it won't run, so you can glue things in places where it would normally be a nightmare to even think about trying to stick something..
As a member of The Insiders, a word of mouth advertising network, I was sent a kit and asked to test  Lepage Ultra Gel Control. I was impressed immediately with the size of the sample. They sent me three bottles of the product when I was half expecting a tiny tube.  These bottles come in a patented side-squeeze design for maximum control and air-tight storage. 
 I had two things that had lost the bond between a metal surface and a plastic surface, so today I decided it was time to take this product for a test run.  As I'm a known klutz, and didn't want to take any chances gluing my fingers together, I donned some protective gloves. The applicator worked so well though, that there was not a drop or drip anywhere where it should not have been by the time I was finished.  The bond took place within 15 to 30 seconds. It set within 10 minutes, and will completely cure in 24 hours.  There is no need to clamp anything.  My curling iron and lipstick once again have their plastic handles glued securely in place.

The Insiders also sent me a  something they want me to cut in half and then glue back together again. I'll tell you more about that when I do it.




No comments:

Post a Comment