Monday, October 17, 2011

Tortilla Soup

In July we went to Herbfest.  Among other interesting things we saw there I found someone selling packaged soup mixes that appealed to me.  I do make soup from scratch but there were some interesting ideas among her products. Determined not to buy more than one, I finally settled on the Tortilla Soup mix.  It contains nothing but good stuff:  dried black beans, dried corn, red and green bell peppers, spices, salt, garlic and green onion.  All you do is add some canned tomatoes and water and within half an hour you have a very tasty soup.  We put some broken tortilla chips and grated cheese on top and enjoyed it very much as our supper last night.  This package, by the way, comes from Victoria Epicure Inc.

I'm now searching for a recipe to make my own.  If I don't find one I like as much, I'll be ordering in a supply of their packaged stuff. I like it that much!

Meanwhile stand by for Chatelaine's issue with the great Christmas cookies I tested a couple of months ago.  It should be out anytime now, as they just contacted me to see if I still wanted to test recipies for them.  I'm looking forward to the next culinary adventure.

3 comments:

  1. Try the Frontier Soups at Mrs. McGarrigle's ... their tortilla soup and jambalaya are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you find a tasty tortilla soup recipe. I'd love to start making it on occasion. The only other time we've had it was from a package too and wow, was it good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, just wanted to tell you, I loved this article.
    It was funny. Keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete