Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Busy Ladies


I told you recently that I had not been blogging much in recent years because the pandemic put an end to my rambles. Well, it looks like things are about to change. This little tiny village now has a very active Ladies Club.  Last summer they formed a walking group, a kayaking  group and occasionally met for a meal. I joined the group during the summer but failed to take part in anything until now.

This past week I joined them for what will become a monthly dinner at a local restaurant. Fifteen of us gathered and got to know one another a little better by talking about our various hobbies.  The group now actually has 279 members (by the latest figures) but even among the small dinner gathering we found several things many of us like to do. 

In just this one short week, individual groups are currently in the planning stages.  There will definitely be a darts group, a knitting group and an art group. Spaces have already been secured at the local Legion and Library.  I, of course, will join the art group. I imagine it will be informal but some of the ladies have recently gathered to do a paint along and some paint pouring events that were also organized by members of the Ladies Club. I know there is also a lady among us who teaches card making so maybe there will be some actual lessons of one sort or another over time. I will happily encourage some urban sketching expeditions once the weather is suitable again.

There was also some talk of a story telling session, a trail walking group and a visit to a farm to see some mini horses.  I think the group is large enough that if there is anything anyone wants to do she will have no trouble finding others who will do it with her.

I am already looking forward to next month's meal. Who knows what that may spark.


 

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading of your adventures with the ladies club. - LindaG

    ReplyDelete