Tuesday, March 16, 2021

A New Ketchup Label for Heinz

 The Heinz company anonymously asked people worldwide to draw ketchup. What most people drew was a bottle of Heinz ketchup. Then Kraft Heinz Canada decided to make a contest out of it with everyone openly knowing that Heinz was the sponsor. They promised to supply a bottle of ketchup to the winners with a personalized label made from their own drawing. This sounded like fun to me.

The instructions were not detailed in any way. They just said to draw ketchup and told us how to post the results.  Well, I had a ketchup bottle in the fridge and had drawn a hamburger for Inktober, so I decided to add a little ketchup to the burger and redraw it beside my bottle. Unfortunately, I started with the burger and ran out of room at the top of the page so my bottle got a little squished. I sent it in anyway.

My little painting was quite popular on my social media channels. Apparently, Heinz liked it too as I became one of the 250 lucky people to be honoured with a bottle of ketchup bearing my own personally drawn label. 



 At first, I thought they had sent me the wrong bottle as they had removed the burger from my painting. They just needed the label I drew to put on my bottle. Then I recognized my screwy lettering and knew it was mine after all.  Removing the burger also meant that the measurement of the bottle contents disappeared because only part of it was visible. Or maybe they would have removed it anyway as the bottle I drew contained much more than the bottle they sent me.



My bottle arrived this week in its own special Draw Ketchup box with my name and town printed right under the bottle in the box. This is a keepsake for sure. The question remains, do I use the ketchup and just save the bottle, or do I keep the whole thing intact?  What would you do?




No comments:

Post a Comment