Friday, July 29, 2011

Picton Craft Fair

Things went much more smoothly Thursday.  We went to the Picton Craft Fair.

I had a coupon for a 2 for 1 breakfast special at Buds on the Bay in Brockville, so we stopped for that on the way. It was a good offer as I never knew they did breakfast there, and it was a good meal.  We didn't actually eat again until supper time, and never felt hungry all day.

The craft fair was held at the fairgrounds in Picton, and there were vendors in 4 buildings, including 100 in the big arena.  There were also some in stalls outside. There was certainly lots to see, but way more jewelry than anything else. 




We brought home a freshly baked cherry/rhubarb strudel and a little pottery egg separator (I don't need it but it's cute and matched my kitchen, and I've never seen one like it before, so I couldn't resist).  I also bought a package of stuff (sugar, eggs and flavouring) that you mix with whipping cream and make gourmet icecream.  I got strawberry for a dollar off the listed price, because, according to the vendor, they had run our of vanilla.  Not that I wanted vanilla mind you, but if you want to give me a dollar off for some strange reason, I'm all for it.  Funny though, it was vanilla that they were still giving away as samples.

There was so much to see that we didn't have time to explore any other part of Prince Edward County this time.  Now we'll just have to come up with a reason to go back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment